Notes & Quotes: Nov. 2 v Toronto Marlies
Cleveland Monsters v. Toronto Marlies
Nov. 2, 2018 - Quicken Loans Arena
The Monsters are now 2-0-1 when entering the third period tied with an opponent
- First time since Dec. 26, 2012, the Monsters and their opponent combined for 13 goals
- Franchise record: 14 combined goals vs. Grand Rapids, Nov. 8, 2009
- Last night was the fourth time in franchise history (and third in extra time) that the Monsters have won the first game in November
- Out of 11 games this season, the Monsters defense has only allowed their opponent to score in the third period in five games, including last night. The Monsters have won all of those games.
- Zac Dalpe scored his second career (AHL) hat trick (March 21, 2010) last night and had his fourth four-point night
- Eric Robinson had his first career three-point night (1, 2) and third multi-point night of the season
- Dalpe (as of Nov. 3, 2018) is second in league for points (10, 5) and tied for first in goals scored (10)
On the changing game... "Tonight was one of those games where things weren't going well and your littlest mistakes end up in the back of the net. We'll have to make some adjustments but I'm standing here smiling... we won."
On bouncing back from losing a lead... "Never too high and never too low. I think that's something that's been creeping into our game - when we're playing well, scoring goals and we're up, everyone's up. But when we get scored on, everyone's real low. That's not the way we need to be. We need to be Steady Eddie and keep going on."
On Eric Robinson... "We're expecting big things from him."