Notes & Quotes: Nov. 10 v Laval Rocket
Cleveland Monsters v. Laval Rocket
Nov. 10, 2018 - Quicken Loans Arena
- Eric Robinson scored two goals for his fourth multi-point night of the season and second two-goal game
- Tommy Cross had his first multi-point game as a Monster, picking up two assists
- With his latest game-winning power-play goal, Alex Broadhurst has moved up in several Monsters Franchise Records categories
- Broadhurst has moved to fifth in goals (43), fourth in power-play goals (16), and tied for fifth in game-winning goals (7) with Phil Dupuis, Brad Malone and Michael Chaput
- Cleveland has now scored 18 goals in the second period this season with seven of these goals, including Thurkauf’s last night, scored with less than five minutes to play in the period
- The Monsters have now scored seven goals in the first ten minutes of their games this season, following Robinson’s opening goal last night at 2:17.
On the difference maker... "I think we had enough. We've done good things in hockey games where we don't get the results... now we just battle through it."
On Thurkauf's last-minute addition... "He brought energy. He finished a lot of hits and played smart, there were a lot of situations he got a stick on pucks that were intended for other targets. He's getting better."
On the upcoming roadtrip... "The month of November is a huge month. It usually tells which way teams are going, if it's going to be a battle. But the way we're talking in our room, we want to put some separation between us and the other teams - and keep winning."
On veteran leadership... "It's great, it's one thing we missed all last year... we have a lot of guys where it doesn't always have to come from me, they can relay the message (of direction) really clearly."
On working together... "We've been able to wear them down enough to generate some offense."
On Friday's loss... "We knew we had to respond after last night."
On the next series... "We have a few days here before next weekend to regroup, get some practices in. We just want to keep rolling with what we did tonight. High energy games, that's when we're at our best."