Notes & Quotes: Feb. 22 v Milwaukee Admirals
Cleveland Monsters v. Milwaukee Admirals
Feb. 22, 2019 - Quicken Loans Arena
- The Monsters played their seventh overtime game at home this season making it a new franchise record for the most games decided in overtime at home in a season. The previous record was six games during the 2012-13 season
- Cleveland is now 4-2-0-0 when playing in front of a crowd of more than 10,000 people this season
- The Monsters are now 4-0-0-0 in games that are scoreless after the first period and find Cleveland tied or leading after the second
- Kole Sherwood scored the first goal for the Monsters on Friday night making the team's record 5-1-0-0 when he opens the scoring
- Mark Letestu picked up a helper on the game-winning goal Friday night marking his 100th assist in the AHL
- Zac Dalpe returned to the line-up Friday night after missing 14 games due to injury and scored two goals. He now leads the team with nine multi-point nights this season
- Zac Dalpe scored the game-winning goal in overtime at the 16 second mark making it the fastest goal in overtime this season.
On returning from injury... "It's never fun when you sit out... but it's nice to be back."
On Gallant's play... "That sparks us. I owe it to Gally (Brett Gallant) for the spark that we had. That was a great fight"
On staying ready through injury... "My kid's really into mini-sticks right now so we cleaned the garage and he plays mini-sticks while I stick handle with a real hockey stick and pucks."
On Dalpe's return... "He played great, kept it simple. He didn't really make any mistakes out there."
On recent game play... "Actually we were pretty good on the road. We dominated 5 on 5 the entire time we were on the road, we just couldn't score goals. We made some mistakes we don't normally make."
On the upcoming trade deadline... "It shouldn't be a problem, especially for most of our guys. You can't control that. What you can control is how you play on Sunday - that's it."