Notes & Quotes: Feb. 12 v Rochester Americans
Cleveland Monsters v. Rochester Americans
Feb. 12, 2019 - Quicken Loans Arena
- Kole Sherwood had his first multi-goal game of his professional career with two goals Tuesday night
- Out of Sherwood's 11 goals this season, five of them have been the goal to open the scoring for the Monsters and four have been the first overall goal of the night
- Vitaly Abramov is currently on a two-game goal streak for the second time this season (12/21-12/22)
- Abramov has totaled a career-high four goals in his last two games
- Nikita Korostelev in on a two-game point streak (1G, 4A) following another multi-point appearance Tuesday night (2A)
- The Monsters are now 4-2-0-0 this season when going into the first intermission up 1-0
- For the second time this season, two Monsters players have scored two goals in the same night following Sherwood's and Abramov's Tuesday night (10/06- Robinson and Dalpe)
On what clicked tonight... "Just great plays from my linemates - just like (my) first goal was a good pass from "Koro(stelev) and the second was a pass through MacInnis... it was a great play."
On defense... "I've played defensively better recently and we got more offense from there."
On four goals in two games... "It feels nice. I got some chances before and I couldn't put them in - then I score a couple goals and it feels nice."
On what tonight means... "It (was) a great start for us because we're in the race for the playoffs. It was a big two points for us against the leader - we just need to keep going, win every game and we can make the playoffs."
On what worked... "We just played a simple game."
On Abramov... "He's definitely coming, he's making strides and he's starting to put the puck in the net for us."
On game play... "If you continue to do the right things, play on the right side of the puck, play for the guy beside you - you're going to have success. It's going to happen for you. Tonight was a good example of that."
On what's coming... "We're at a time in the season where we need wins... we're also in a position where we'd like to make the playoffs. Tonight was a good start and we'll go from there."